Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Analysing Album Magazine Adverts #1

Here is the first magazine advert I have chosen to analyse, 'Florence and the Machine- Lungs'. 
First of all, the image of Florence Welch intrigues me as an audience as the mise-en scene seems unusual at a glance. I really like the use of the lung necklace as although seeming whimsical, relates directly to the title of the album. The lung necklace is also in direct alignment with the title 'LUNGS'  which is a clever editing technique from the art directors. The mise en scene of the image and the way Florence is dressed immediately signifies her 'look' and as this is the first album from 'Florence & the Machine' allows fans to identify her artistic style and star image.
I think that the fact that the image is centred and takes up the majority of the layout on the page adds to the adverts aesthetic appeal and would make the image stand out on the page of a magazine. The ratio of text to image is good I think as the text is mostly in a smaller font which doesnt distract from the image.
I like the classic typography on the page and how the date is just typed '6.7.09', almost implying that the date needs no description to its significance and increases the importance of the band, creating a status that hasn't been created as to yet.
However, I dislike how dark the colour scheme is surrounding the image and I think that I want my advert to be slightly less deep and more art based.

No comments:

Post a Comment