Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Band Name.

The starting point for my media this year was the idea that I would continue with my artist from last year, only I felt that I didn't want to drag out something that I feel I have got everything out of. So therefore, I feel that with the use of innovation, my artist could be re-born artistically.
My idea was clear, and then it was time to choose the name.
Over the summer, I contimplated and mix matched around with a few different band/artist names and decided to use wikipedia's 'random article' tool in order to gather inspiration for a new artist name.
A few came to mind:
- Rickie and the crisis
- The Rickie Project
- Rickie & the Islanders
- Rickie and the Islanders
- Bedchamber Crisis
- Rickielee & the Bedchamber Crisis
- etc.

The one that stood out and spoke to me the most was 'Rickie & the Islanders'. I feel that the ring that it has when you say it is something that is extremely important when choosing a name for a recording artist as it should be recognisable, memorable, and should roll off the tongue with ease.
I feel that instead of creating a whole new band, with new members etc. Rickie should remain the main artist although have back-up band members/backing vocals, without seeming too much like 'The Supremes' and more like 'Florence & the Machine'. I feel that two female backing members will work well as a contrast with Rickie as the main artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment