Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Edie's 'Butterfly' Earrings.



Edie's Butterfly earrings, origionally designed by Steve Sasco Click Here , are famously related to Edie's signature image. There are many images of Edie wearing the earrings and I felt that they needed to be featured in the video.
Now, intead of paying £45 for them on ebay or amazon, I just opted for the cheaper option and DIY them myself.
On a trip to Leicester town, I went to Primark and found four pairs of 60's inspired earrings that I felt would look great through the lens of a camera. One pair in particular that I found were similar to that of the famous pair although after looking at them, it seemed simple enough to edit the design slightly with some tweezers and wire clippers.
Above, I have taken before and after images of the earrings to easily compare them, as well as an image of Catherine wearing them in an unintentional similar position to Edie in the image below it.
The last image is a movie still of Sienna Miller as Edie in the 2006 film 'Factory Girl'.


No comments:

Post a Comment